Old August 6th 03, 02:30 AM
Michael Kube-McDowell

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 16:06:07 +0100, "Keith Willshaw"
wrote:

"Jeanne" wrote in message
om...

This particular A-12 was "bought" by
Zak Fisher, the Late CEO/founder of the Intrepid. The A-12 on Intrepid
is just that---a meal ticket, a draw, and they consider her as nothing
more. Just like you, I was out there when they first put her on the
deck. It was what drove me to help her. If you read any of the text at
my website, there's the explanation. Only the SR-71/A-12 Blackbird
people/affeciandos can save her now by making a fuss over her
treatment.

The alternative to that aircraft going to Intrepid was more likely
the scrapyard, thats where most went after all.

True of many workaday aircraft, but not the Blackbirds. Look at any
list of them by serial number (there's one at
http://digilander.libero.it/maddog666/serie.htm) and you'll see that
every single one of them begins "Lost..." "On display at..." or "In
storage for...".

K-Mac

--
Michael P. Kube-McDowell