Old September 30th 08, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default PA-28-180 Low power query

: Have you checked the muffler? A partial obstruction in the muffler
: could result in lost power.

: (just a shot in the dark...)

: But a good one. I'm still thinking carb but that's without justification.

: I've heard of using exhaust gas analyzers to look at the exhaust
: for mixture.

: I forget, has someone verified the value timing?

Valve timing? Unchecked, but it seems like if it were out by a tooth on the cam, it wouldn't be able to make static RPM... barely
or not.

Muffler's been replaced as of last year due to other reasons. Performance unchanged.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss, Ph.D. Electrical Engineering, PPSEL-IA *
* Research Associate, Vibrations and Acoustics Laboratory *
* Mechanical Engineering *