Old February 21st 19, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Default Affect of Alcohol (Beer) on Soaring and Soaring Racing

On Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 9:14:32 AM UTC-8, wrote:
A long time ago, George Moffat referred me to "Learned Optimism" by Martin Seligman. His thesis is that if you think you're stronger, faster, better, healthier, etc , then there's a pretty good chance you will be. It goes beyond the usual advice to think positive but that's the summary. So if certain pilots think they fly better because they abstain...or because a beer helps them relax after a flight, then they might.

Chip Bearden

I am positive beer makes me a better pilot.