Old November 5th 03, 10:14 PM
Kirk Stant

(S Schwartz) wrote in message . com...
Does anyone know what years the LS6C was produced?
Is the C the only LS6 with automatic hook ups or did the B have them also?
Any info on flying experience in the B or C pros & cons.

Stuart,

I fly a B, SN 6167, built in 1987. Lovely ship, excellent performance
- everybit as good (if not a bit better) than the Ventus B but much
nicer to fly, in my (and Moffat's) opinion. Only auto hookup is the
elevator; however the flaperon and divebrake hookups are very easy to
connect, safety (twist-on LS sleeves), and perform a visual and
tactile check.

Relatively narrow cockpit, but I'm 5'11" and (ahem) 235 lbs and manage
to fit just fine; it is a racer after all...Just make sure your charts
are folded before you close the canopy and you have carefully located
your water, food, etc!

Flaperons and dive brakes together result in an impressive descent
rate; but I personally dislike the heel brakes, I feel they take away
some of the rudder feel due to the movement in the rudder assembly
inflight (has anyone out there tried to change a 6 to a stick brake
lever?).

If you find a nice one grab it!

Kirk
LS6-b "66"