Old December 26th 03, 08:25 PM
Alan Minyard

On 25 Dec 2003 22:41:36 GMT, "Emmanuel.Gustin" wrote:

In rec.aviation.military Steven James Forsberg wrote:

: I am shocked! What a surprise! A military program going over budget
: and running behind schedule? :-)

JSF, like TFX before it, is attempting to be a perfect
solution for a set of very diverse problems... Usually
that is more expensive than building three separate
designs.

I always doubted that all three versions of JSF would
go into production. Probably Congress will delete at
least one at some stage, most likely the STOVL version
for the USMC and the RN. With the programme (inevitably)
going over budget, and government budgets firmly in the
red anyway, it will be too tempting.

You really have no idea how US politics/defense spending
operate, do you? The F-35 will be built in all three configurations,
and it will be the best strike fighter in the world. I realize that you
hate the US, but at least try to be rational.

Al Minyard