Old September 15th 04, 04:19 PM
Newps

Marco Leon wrote:

Hmm 5 minutes huh? It takes me about that time to load up an update on the
PCMCIA interface. It may be that the throughput performance of the hardware
is not a major factor in the speed of the update. Thanks for thr PIREP.

Well lets see. You plug in the USB cord to the computer and set the box
on your desk. Put card in slot. Fire up the Skybound program and type
in your user name and password. This logs it on to the Jepp site and
downloads the update. I have cable so that's about a 10 second
download, there's not much data there. Program then writes it to the
card, maybe a couple minutes to erase then rewrite the card.