Old February 8th 04, 10:00 PM
Bill Daniels

"John Galloway" wrote in message
I don't understand why wearing chutes should be problematical
in the States and not in the UK where they are almost
universally worn. I wouldn't ever fly a glider without
a chute I had complete confidence in and, as far as
I can recall, I haven't seen anyone get in a glider
without a chute for years.

John Galloway

So, John, how do you handle the weight issue in a situation where the
occupants + 'chutes will be over the allowable gross weight for the glider?
Do you send the overweight passenger/student home or do you fly over weight?

I don't like flying without 'chutes, but I'm also nervous about flying over
weight.

Bill Daniels