Old February 10th 04, 09:38 PM
Andreas Maurer

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:11:03 -0700, Dave Houlton wrote:

This parachute discussion has me thinking about the rocket-deployed
chutes we used to have for hang gliding, and the BRS systems now in
Cirrus (Cirrii?) and small Cessnas. Probably no improvement w.r.t
weight or cost considerations, but for convenience, comfort, and "always
there when you need it" they would seem ideal. I don't actually know
the repack requirements, but I would guess they're annually or even longer.

Are there any gliders out there today with whole-ship BRS-type chutes?

Ventus 2 and ASW-28. Just order the BRS when you buy one.
Bye
Andreas