Old March 17th 04, 06:51 PM
Boomer

the great advantage of the F-22 is that it's stealth alows us to fight in
someone elses backyard with MUCH less chance of SAMs busting up a perfectly
good "clubbing baby seals" session lol.

--

Curiosity killed the cat, and I'm gonna find out why!
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"Henry J Cobb" wrote in message
Kevin Brooks wrote:
Yadda-yadda-yadda... First, this is already the subject of another

current
thread in this NG. Second, if the GAO is claiming that the cost of

turning
the F-22 into the F/A-22 is $11.7 billion, then the GAO is lying, as

their
own report indicates that the $11.7 billion is actually for *all*

spiral
development costs related to the F/A-22, to include future upgrades of

the
air-to-air and ISR capabilities. Thirdly, why do you persist in

posting
nothing but excerpts of press reports/releases? You are beginning to

sound
like the infamous "Otis Willie"...

Yes you are correct.

It's also to fix the software so that it runs for at least five hours
every once in a while before crashing.

Zzzzz...oops, excuse me; were you offering something of relevance to the
discussion at hand, Henry? No? Figures. You really need to get back to
untangling that whole construction of your's that has Okinawa being a

day's
flight away from Taiwan, and how the Su-30 is only a potential threat if

it
is being operated by PLAAF or Russian pilots; you don't have time for
side-discussions. Back to the grindstone, Henry!

Brooks

-HJC