Old May 13th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IFR use of handheld GPS

"Travis Marlatte" wrote in message
"Sam Spade" wrote in message

Are we talking about the same Part 95? Why would Part 95 get ammended when
an airway is redefined? All I see is the definition of altitudes and
mountainous areas that apply to all defined airways.

Never mind. I see the detailed references from Part 95 to specific airways.
All to define the altitudes to use. Nothing about tracking. I'm still
looking though. If you're right, I'm sure it's there somewhere...

Now where could it be? There must a statement that says something like, "No
person shall use a GPS receiver for IFR enroute navigation unless that
receiver is certified for enroute IFR under TSO..."

It must be there. I'll keep looking. If you find it, let me know.

Travis
Lake N3094P
PWK