Old May 8th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IFR use of handheld GPS

"Frank Ch. Eigler" wrote in message

Perhaps your scenario is self-contradictory. 91.205.d.2 appears to
require "... navigational equipment appropriate to the ground
facilities to be used ...". If you're filing to a far-away ground
facility (far away airport or navaid) that you don't have appropriate
nagivational equipment (super-duper VOR receiver or substitutable GPS)
to guide yourself to, you may be in violation right there.

I'm in full compliance with FAR 91.205 in that regard, I have two fully
functional VOR receivers aboard.