Old September 15th 03, 07:09 PM
SA

Hi

I did a quick search for Thunderbirds accidents, and found this webpage:
http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...515537091.html
which isn't about Thunderbirds accidents, but does mention that:

"While there were 36 major accidents that killed 24 Thunderbird pilots
between 1953 and 1981, there have been no fatalities and only one minor
accident since the 1982 tragedy -- a fact in which Creech took great pride."

I had no idea that there had been so many accidents involving the
Thunderbirds.
Was this because the pushed relativly "unreliable" planes of the 60's and
70's to (and beyond) their limits, or did they simply have a long string of
bad luck??

Does anyone know is other display teams have suffered a similar accident
rate?

Regards
Søren Augustesen
----------------------
Søren Augustesen
Email:
WWW:
http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/sore...sen/index.html

skrev i en meddelelse
.. .
I am looking for information on the following Thunderbird accidents. Any
information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

F-100D breakup at Laughlin AFB in 1967
Accident a Hill AFB in May (?) 1981
Diamond crash at Indian Springs in 1982