Old July 21st 03, 05:28 PM
Orval Fairbairn

Default Painting is still tough work

In article ,
(Corky Scott) wrote:

Good thing I like building airplanes so much or I'd think this is
really work.

Saturday and Sunday I decided to sand blast some parts and paint them.

One of the parts was the second valve cover for the 3.8L Ford V-6 (did
the other one last weekend). Painting the engine parts is easier than
doing any of the fuselage stuff because engine parts require the
special high temp paint and it comes in a spray can. All I have to do

Corky:

I hate to disillusion you, but the temperature specs for "engine enamel"
are the same as those for regular enamel.

I painted my cylinders, crankcase, etc. with PPG two-part, which is
great! All you have to do is wipe any oil off it -- it stays shiny and
chip-free after thre years.

--
To get random signatures put text files into a folder called ³Random Signatures² into your Preferences folder.