Old June 2nd 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wave window file(s)

Hi,

I believe that StrePla allows you to edit airspace data.

It can also import DAFIF data and export airspace files in several formats.
I used it yesterday to create an SUA file for GNII for the Parowan, UT area.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

"Gary Emerson" wrote in message
. net...
If there are any computer savy folks out there, I'd think there would be a
market for a computer program that would allow airspace files to be
created graphically (lines, circles, connect the dots) and then have
altitudes assigned to them rather than having to create the files via
text. I know there is software that will pull up the MOAs, restricted
areas and generate those files automatically, but is there something for a
pilot who wants to draw a box around a local skydive operation, etc. that
he/she wants to highlight on their heads down display.

wrote:
I am looking for a files (airspace files) with published wave windows
on the west coast in GN II format. I would like somehow to create a
file which I can use in addition to my nav points. What I would like to
see on my iPAQ is a wave windows with its boundary lines and maybe some
shade of some sort light color within the window....or maybe someone
has a program which would create those files? I also have See You but I
don't know if creation of such a window is possible in that program.
Any thoughts out there or maybe some help is available?

Thanks,

Jacek Kobiesa
Washington State