Old June 3rd 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Nothing good about Ethanol

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 09:27:39 -0500, "Montblack"
wrote:

("Dan Luke" wrote)
I seriously doubt we would be at war with terrorism instigated mostly by
Arabs if imported oil were not a vital national interest that has required
a military presence in the Middle East for decades. The cost of Homeland
Security and the campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan should count in the
price of gasoline, IMO.

East Timor and Rwanda come to mind.

Thousands of Mini (micro) Nuclear Power Plants, for a variety of uses (all
of the same design) is my answer. (1) Micro-NPP + (1) Ethanol Plant ...corn,
sugar beets, hemp, whatever.

Cost? - This one's too easy. g

[Montblack's reply after linked newspaper story]

Minneapolis [Red] Star-Tribune story today (Friday)
http://www.startribune.com/462/story/468717.html

And they want to have all electric cars on the highways.

As I've said before. We don't have the infrastructure to handled much
more load even when using real time load management which is decades
off.

This is a good example of being unable to use a non polluting,
alternative energy source even when it is in place.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com