Old June 3rd 06, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wave window file(s)

Tim Newport-Peace wrote:

if you are looking at a background map, is there a function where you
can say "I want a circle here" stretch to form a diameter and then
assign altitudes to the airspace?

The Newport-Peace format is easy to use for things like circles and
polygons, and allows altitudes to be assigned. Just a text editor will
allow you to make simple airspace in a few minutes. It's not something
you need to do much of, or very often.

For the benefit of anyone wanting to create airspace files, the
definition of the format can be found at:
http://www.spsys.demon.co.uk/software/USER.AIR

And if you need more examples, actual airspace files are available at

http://soaring.aerobatics.ws/SUA/NA.html

Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

www.motorglider.org - Download "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane
Operation"