Old February 9th 09, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Beckman[_2_]

Default Moving a glider with a U-Haul Truck

At 22:15 08 February 2009, Steve Leonard wrote:

I know someone that made his straight out flight, secured the plane,
hopped on Greyhound to get home, then drove down with the trailer to get
his ship back. Now that I think of it, I know of at least two people

that
have done that. It is much simpler to have a crew.

And if you're such a social misfit that you can't get anybody to crew
for you, just *hire* somebody to drive the trailer rig. Gotta be cheaper
than the U-Haul idea. And takes a lot less time.

Jim Beckman