Old January 20th 20, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
john firth

Default Lowest power tow

On Sunday, January 19, 2020 at 12:30:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
What's the lowest power tow plane you've ever seen or towed by? An Examiner of mine said his was a C150 with 100hp. I also once saw paperwork for an 85hp Luscombe to tow.

Low power, maybe not but I had a slow and scary tow in Oz
behind a spray/ag Pawnee in a ballasted Libelle, below 45 kts.
Didn't dare to use aileron so I just kept pedalling in low tow
till I fell off more or less stalled at 1800 agl; Reprimanded by
the CD for releasing outside the release zone!

At the other end of scary, a tow by a Cessna 190 at 90+ kts
in rough conditions.

John F