Old May 13th 21, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default Solid State battery technology Vid

On 5/12/2021 6:58 PM, Matthew Scutter wrote:
On Thursday, May 13, 2021 at 7:49:10 AM UTC+10, David Scott wrote:
On Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 7:14:28 AM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
On 5/10/21 8:38 AM, Nicholas Kennedy wrote:
https://forum.concours.org/index.php...8/#post-639377

Maybe this could have a positive effect on electric MG range?
Nick

Miraculous breakthroughs are always just a couple years away. I know
it's true, cause they've been saying that for 20 years now.

Unless you consider NiMH to lithium a miraculous breakthrough I don't think solid state sounds like it's going to be a miracle. It does sound like it will be a significant improvement though.

Lithium batteries have been steadily improving year after year. The miraculous breakthroughs happen one small step at a time.
https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/ima...quyT7Gv7uWOUKA

That's a nice graph. For one thing, both axes start from zero as they
should. And this is for LFP batteries, the "good" lithium... I hope
we'll see them used for motorglider propulsion soon. That graph ends in
"2019E" (eh?), I seem to have noticed a large drop in LFP prices since then.