Old May 31st 16, 09:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Walsh

Default LX7007 Pro IGC

At 15:42 30 May 2016, Charlie Papa wrote:
On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 12:14:25 PM UTC-4, David

Cleveland wrote:
I am looking for someone with in-depth experience using

and maintaining
a=
n LX7007 Pro IGC.
=20
David Cleveland

When I bought a near new glider (just 4 flights) the Flarm part
of the installed LX7007 IGC F was erratic. After repair by LX
the unit functioned perfectly; it never failed or crashed. I liked
it. Its moving map/Flarm display can be ignored, much better
to use a PDA/Oudie linked to the LX7007.
The software is not very intuitive but pretty easy to use so long
as you are not flying comps with AAT type tasks, that part of
the software is clunky.
There are plenty of pilots out there cursing their (expensive)
unreliable computerised varios/map displays; I quite liked the
reliability of the LX7007: not state of the art in 2016 but it
worked.