Old November 12th 04, 03:08 PM
Tom Cooper

"Pechs1" wrote in message
Mr Cooper- - COMOPTEVFOR NORFOLK VA BRBR
- AIRTEVRON FOUR BRBR
- NAVFITWEPSCOL SAN DIEGO CA BRBR

Like I said, I worked for COMOPTEVFOR at VX-4, and my CO was former CO of
TopGun..and the headers look genuine altho I can't understand why a
civilian
has SECRET/NOFORN/ documents.

Because I requested their release according to "FOIA" procedure. FOIA stands
for "Freedom of Information Act". This US law grants the right to any person
to request the release of documents from whichever authority in the USA: the
authority in question must answer to any such request (the question is only
how much of the document is going to be released and how much is going to be
blotted out).

For details about FOIA inquiries related to the USN, please see he
http://foia.navy.mil/

The procedure is very simple, and I must say ONI is usually swift to
respond.

Tom Cooper
Freelance aviation journalist

Author:
- Iranian F-14 Tomcat Units in Combat
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/titl...hp/title=S7875

- Arab MiG-19 and MiG-21 Units in Combat
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/titl...hp/title=S6550

- Iranian F-4 Phantom II Units in Combat
http://www.ospreypublishing.com/titl...hp/title=S6585

- African MiGs
http://www.acig.org/afmig/

- Iran-Iraq War in the Air, 1980-1988