Old January 29th 07, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
jbskies

Default Jeppesen database subscription for Garmin GNS530W / GNS430W WAAS GPS

I just read about the GNS530W Pilot Guide. In page 3, it says:

NOTE: The GNS 500W-series units use a different database
than in the legacy units. The databases are incompatible
between units. The GNS 500W-series units must use a
WAAS enabled database.

Can anyone who has brought/upgraded to GNS 530W or 430W tell us

1. how much does it cost for the database annual subscription?

2. If we have existing GNS430/GNS530 GPS annual plan, can it be
upgrade to WAAS database format for the remaining cycles? Do we
need to pay additional ?

Thanks.

jbskies