Old September 15th 10, 05:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

Default Future Club Training Gliders

On Sep 15, 8:34*am, Tony wrote:
The 2-33 is suffering the same metal fatigue problems in it's wings as
the L-13.

Is this statement based on actual issues with 2-33 wings or just the
fact that "it is metal, it will fatigue eventually"?

I see no mention in any of the Schweizer Service Bulletins about
issues with 2-22 or 2-33 wing structure and have never heard of any
problems either.

I notice that 3 or 4 of the USA World Team members trained in
Schweizers.

A large fraction of 2-33's already have patches on their wings due to
metal fatigue cracks. I've found cracks on several the AI missed.
Look at the skins on top of the wing ahead of the spar. If there are
skin cracks, there's a good chance of other cracks where they can't be
seen. There will be an AD - probably sooner than later.

As to why there are no SB's - ask Schweizer.