Old September 15th 10, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bart[_4_]

Default Future Club Training Gliders

On Sep 14, 10:30*pm, Grider Pirate wrote:
[....]
Frankly I don't think it would have mattered to me
WHAT the club had to fly. I just wanted to be in the air.

Same here.

Now, all things being equal, I do prefer to fly a better glider. The
problem is, things are rarely equal. In my (admittedly limited)
experience, a club with a glass fleet will:
- be expensive to join, or
- be expensive to stay in, or,
- limit flying time (many members, few gliders), or
- all of the above.

Given a choice between getting a glass ship for an hour or 1-26 for
half a day, I'll take 1-26.

B.