Old September 25th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

Default Engine dryers

Charles wrote:
wrote:
Hmm. I already have a heater, what's the bulb trick supposed to do?
There seems to be no concensus on whether heat makes matters better or
worse.

I think it drives out moisture. However, the paradox is that you
probably need to be in a hanger to leave a bulb running 24x7, yet being
in a hanger already means your much drying than being outside. Its
really the outside guys who need the most help.
Also, from my personal experience the moisture is much more damaging to
the avionics than anything else. If I don't fly on a regular bases in
the winter, my #2 comm display acts strange.

-Robert