Old June 3rd 20, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Cleveland

Default New SB (SB-G09) on elevator pushrods for most all Grobs

On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 3:40:32 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Sunday, May 10, 2020 at 2:55:29 PM UTC-4, okko kloosterman wrote:
Could you give some information on the required tool modifications?
Thanks.
OK

9-5-2020 19:52 wrote:
On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 10:17:09 AM UTC-4, soaringjac wrote:
See the link below

http://www.ltb-lindner.com/g-102-ad-...rod_200408.pdf

Our Grob 102 Astir CS had the "welded version" elevator pushrod consistent with the Service Bulletin.

BTW: All the hardware requires 10 mm wrenches. The elevator pushrod bolt & nut required a modified box wrenches.

Chuck Zabinski

The 10 mm box wrenches were ground down to thin the outer circular support structure that supports the gripping teeth. This lets the wrench fit into bolt access recess in the rudder. Even with that, a slight amount of Dremel work may be required to get the wrench to fit on the bolt nut. Also small hands and patience are required to remove the elevator pushrod bolt.

Chuck Zabinski

Chuck, can you take a photo of the 10mm wrench after modification? Our club has 5 G-103, four of which are affected by this SB. We are looking at the inspection, but it sounds like your tool mod would be good prep work. Can you post or send me a photo of the tool after modification?

David