Old January 4th 04, 05:31 AM
Martin Eiler

Ted:

Caracole Soaring at California City.
We fly AS-K 21s, and should be very clear and post frontal, after two days
of
nice wave flying. We may have strong enough northeasterly breezes
for a tertiary patch of wavelet off the El Paso Range, or enough instability
(post frontal) for light thermals. If it stays northwest, we may still be
light waving north of Mojave.

Regardless, the cafe on the apron is open, and the conversation will
be about soaring....we would make you welcome.

Cindy B
www.caracolesoaring.com

"Ted Wagner" wrote in message
So where is a good place near Los Angeles for a visiting pilot to go
soaring?

I live in Arizona but work near LAX during the week. Was thinking about
visiting a gliderport tomorrow (Sunday) while en route, and perhaps get a
field check. Any suggestions?

-tw
(waiting for the newsletter to finish printing ...)

wrote in message

The January/February issue of the Region 12 Soaring Council newsletter,
"Southern California Soaring," is now on-line at:

http://www.SoCalSoaring.com