Old May 14th 05, 12:38 PM
PPT33R

The problem is TSA has been marginalized over the past year or so with
regard to anything other than passenger screening. They really don't
have much to do with this anymore other than just an office to whine
to...

It is now driven by an interagency working group on airspace for the
most part. In that working group, FBI, USSS, and FAMS are driving the
security bandwagon against GA. I cannot emphasize enough how much FBI
and USSS hates GA, in spite of the fact most of them can't spell GA.

It is truly a shame these two idiots pulled this stunt BEFORE the VWS
is operational. If it had only been a week or so from now, they would
have been lit up by the laser and the optical system would have been
able to track them with high-power cameras... I am afraid they set the
cause of GA back at least 2 years.

What? Freedom to fly? We can't allow freedom of flight in this country!
It is a matter of security!!! Then again, all those tankers full of
toxic industrial chemicals must be allowed to move around without
restriction... And in spite of the fact 2 idiots in a blue sedan
terrorized the National Capital Region for over a month with nothing
but a rifle, we can't impose gun control!!! So, whose lobbying group is
more effective?