Old January 27th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Roy Smith

Default Missed Approach Procedures & finding the MAP

In article ,
Terence Wilson wrote:

My understanding is that the missed approach procedure cannot start
until the MAP is reached. Now here's my stupid question- what if I
royally screw up the approach early on i.e. get full scale deflection
on the the VOR/localizer; should I keep going and hope I can find the
MAP or is there something else I should do?

Climb. Altitude is your friend. Especially close to the ground when
you're not sure where you are. You can start to climb at any time. What
you can't do is make a turn before the procedure says you can.