Old January 28th 08, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Les Izmore

Default Missed Approach Procedures & finding the MAP

Step 1 - Get some altitude.

Then try to get as close to the MAP as you reasonably can, and then
fly the missed procedure.

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 08:40:09 -0800, Terence Wilson
wrote:

My understanding is that the missed approach procedure cannot start
until the MAP is reached. Now here's my stupid question- what if I
royally screw up the approach early on i.e. get full scale deflection
on the the VOR/localizer; should I keep going and hope I can find the
MAP or is there something else I should do?