Old February 14th 14, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default FES in Contests

On Friday, February 14, 2014 3:30:47 PM UTC-6, son_of_flubber wrote:

I'm just saying that some risks like circling at low AGL and being low and far from a landable field could be quantified and incorporated into scoring. I don't expect sailplane competition to do much if any of that in a general way ever.

It is. Low is slow. If you land out you lose the day. If you break your glider you are out of the contest. If you die your wife gets rich and somebody else gets your stereo!

Maybe the idea would get traction on something (like OLC) that incorporated safety margins in scoring. GPS logs make that possible.

What problem are you trying to solve? Or, setup a contest the way you like it and see if others agree and come and play.

As far as road rallying - you ever watch rallying on TV? No risk taking? YGBSM!
What you are talking about is a poker run. Which is fun too...

Kirk
66