Old September 6th 18, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Ventus C vs LS6

I've owned both a Ventus C and a LS-6 (my current ship). Personally, it's a no-brainer. The LS-6 is a joy to fly, and the Ventus required constant attention, and was always ready to blind side me.
Sailors have an expression to describe a boat that has an easy motion, responds to the tiller and leaves one refreshed (not exhausted) after a long ocean passage: "Sea Kindly."
Well, the LS-6 is "Air Kindly." It holds a 45 degree bank without difficulty, has an easy motion, and responds quickly and positively to control inputs. Plus, it has a good turn of speed in negative flaps, and climbs easily.
I would have no hesitation in recommending the LS-6.
Matt Herron