Old March 16th 05, 09:15 PM
Chuck

Marco Leon (at) wrote:
Republic is probably the best option because of the multiple FBO's

and its
proximity to JFK. You can take a cab ride to JFK or a cab ride to the

Long
Island Railroad (5 mins from FRG) and take the AirTrain from Jamaica
station. For $5 the AirTrain will take you directly to your terminal.

LIRR
will run you about $10 each. Depending on how much luggage you have,

you may
want to pay for a cab/car service.

As for FBOs, Long Island Jet Center (631-843-9488) is probably

cheaper than
Atlantic Aviation (631-752-9022) for parking fees but call both to

compare.
Both may be able to courtesy-car you to the train station if you

choose that
mode.

Good luck.

Marco Leon

Thanks Marco ( and all) for the replys. Considering cost, I have
decided to go comercial. Parking the plane for 2 weeks costs $200 to
$350 depending on where with the less expensive (HPN) requiring a $135
ride to JFK. Guess this midwestern hick just didn't remember the NY$$$
area that well. My hanger at I64 only costs $100 per MONTH. So maybe
I'll fly to RMY for a MI hamburger.

Chuck