Old March 9th 04, 07:18 PM
Martin Gregorie

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 17:28:15 +0000, Bill Gribble
wrote:

And in any case, from the little I've seen myself, some thermals require
as aggressive a turn as any final turn into approach might justify in
order to work them properly. And not every turn, or at least not every
adjustment in the pattern absolutely demands an aggressive a turn as the
final turn should be.

Right on. The strongest thermal I found last season was also very
narrow - it only worked well with a 60 degree bank and very careful
flying (a Pegase gets twitchy when asked to turn that tight). It would
not have been usable with another glider sharing it at a similar
height.

--
martin@ : Martin Gregorie
gregorie : Harlow, UK