Old November 18th 04, 10:07 PM
Brad Zeigler

Fair enough.

You didn't ask us to critique your judgement so it is only fair that we make
no comments--in support of or otherwise.

As tempted as I was to write a really long message about personal minimums,
expanding your comfort zone, etc., I realized that all you asked for was
recommendations for an airport. Besides, this topic was beaten to death
last month in rec.aviation.student.

Have a safe trip,

Brad

"Art Varrassi" wrote in message
Since this is my first time into the area and because of the close

proximity
to the downtown buildings and the Will Rogers Class C SFC area, and my

being
unfamilar with the field and the lack of VGSI on the field, 3240 ft.,

while
normally accptable, I believe falls below my personal minimums this time
around.

"Brad Zeigler" wrote in message
Runway too short? Airnav lists the runway at 2DT as 3240 ft.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/2DT

"Art Varrassi" wrote in message
I am planning on flying to Oklahoma City next week on business for a

couple
of days and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on which
airport would be best. I have narrowed my choices down to the

following:

Downtown Airpark (2DT)
Wiley Post (PWA)
Sundance Airpark (HSD)

I'll be flying a Cessna 172RG and the client I'll be visiting is about
4-5
city blocks away from 2DT so , while it may be an obvious choice, I'm
concerned about the short runway, landing/parking/overnight tiedown

fees,
and the close proximity to the downtown area and buildings.

Any thoughts or recommendations on the three choices I listed would be
greatly appreciated.

Art Varrassi
PP-ASEL
Dallas, TX