Old November 18th 04, 11:28 PM
Art Varrassi

Actually, I've landed at both quite often as well as at fields with less
than 3000'. That's not the point.

My question to the group was - did anyone have any thoughts or
recommendations on the three airports that I had chosen for this particular
flight.

I did not ask for anyone's opinion as to my short field landing techniques,
capabilities, or decision making process for choosing these three fields as
my preferences, but thanks anyway.

"Ross Richardson" wrote in message
Art,

Have you not flown into Addison or Love Field in the 172RG. You are
close to buildings there. Anyway, you will be contacting Ok City
Approach and they will be assisting you. We fly to Norman often for
breakfast. 3000' is not short for a 172.

Ross
C-172F 180 hp
KSWI

Art Varrassi wrote:

Since this is my first time into the area and because of the close
proximity
to the downtown buildings and the Will Rogers Class C SFC area, and my
being
unfamilar with the field and the lack of VGSI on the field, 3240 ft.,
while
normally accptable, I believe falls below my personal minimums this time
around.

"Brad Zeigler" wrote in message
Runway too short? Airnav lists the runway at 2DT as 3240 ft.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/2DT

"Art Varrassi" wrote in message
I am planning on flying to Oklahoma City next week on business for a
couple
of days and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on which
airport would be best. I have narrowed my choices down to the
following:

Downtown Airpark (2DT)
Wiley Post (PWA)
Sundance Airpark (HSD)

I'll be flying a Cessna 172RG and the client I'll be visiting is about
4-5
city blocks away from 2DT so , while it may be an obvious choice, I'm
concerned about the short runway, landing/parking/overnight tiedown
fees,
and the close proximity to the downtown area and buildings.

Any thoughts or recommendations on the three choices I listed would be
greatly appreciated.

Art Varrassi
PP-ASEL
Dallas, TX