Old August 26th 04, 03:10 PM
Chip Jones

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 04:00:48 GMT, "Chip Jones"
wrote:

All that aside, I do believe that your example is basically legal (I'd

have
to clean up the phraseology a little bit to CYA). I may try it next time

work one into RKW from the east, assuming I get to him far enough away

from
MINES to make a vector workable.

How about something like:

"Fly heading of 270 until intercepting the HCH 060 radial, then direct
Mines. Maintain 5000 (or your MIA/MVA for the area, if higher) until
MINES; cleared for the approach"?

I would not interpret such a clearance as being a "vector-to-final"

Ron, that sounds basically good to me. I would "chunk" that information so
it didn't all go out in the same transmission. My stab at it:

"Fly heading 270 to intecept the HCH060R, direct MINES when able."

Followed by:

"Maintain 5000 until MINES, cleared VOR/DME approach Rockwood, report
procedure turn inbound."

With the PT language there is no doubt that I didn't vector to final.

Chip, ZTL