Old December 19th 04, 01:17 AM
Marc J. Zeitlin

Cockpit Colin wrote:

Ahhh - so we blame you for the hot spot on the early models! )

No, no, no :-). I got there about 6 months before release, so the
DESIGN was already fixed. The only stuff that I got to work on was the
stuff that just absolutely didn't work, and manufacturing stuff (so that
we could actually build and sell them - what a concept :-) ). I only
fixed stuff - I never broke it :-).

As an aside, the Bose I and Bose II series headsets never made money -
they never even broke even. The Series X is a good moneymaker for Bose.

I guess it comes down to the age-old-saying "you get what you pay

for".

Well, sort of. Bose is, how shall we say, not the most cost effective
company from an overhead standpoint. I have no doubt that in a company
that had better control of overhead, and better manufacturing/materials
control, the ~$300/unit could have been brought down to $200/unit, but
it's not going to get much cheaper than that with the current design.
Magnesium headbands and aluminum staples, along with very high quality
microphones and connectors cost $$$.....

--
Marc J. Zeitlin
http://marc.zeitlin.home.comcast.net/