Old April 21st 05, 02:52 AM
Papa3

When my wire broke I was 40 miles from home,
switched the Borgelt B-40 to "internal" power and had a vario and

audio
to get old JJ back home.

Off topic, but: On Monday I flew a racing task here without any
electronics for the first time in years. Logger in "dumb" mode (ie. no
interface)due to disconnected cables and L-NAV back at the shop for
repairs. It was one of the nicest flights ever, just looking out the
window and glancing at the map now and then. Funny how we seem to have
forgotten the old fashioned way of doing things! I still managed to
limp around at 110km/h using "just" a Scheuman vario and seat of the
pants.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know not having an audio vario is dangerous and yes
I know that moving maps are a wonderful thing. Just waxing nostalgic
for a moment.

P3