Old November 15th 05, 02:43 AM
Rich Lemert

Default An anti-gravity space vehicle?

Robert M. Gary wrote:
I'm probaly a bit
negative but in my opinion, today, patents are really used as amo in IP
lawsuites. It's a game of which company can throw more patents at the
wall. I've consulted on both sides of such lawsuits and always find its
much more a game of trying to find a way to get rid of competitors than
actually protecting true IP, although not always.

If you're not already familiar with it, you might find a case in the
Electronic Design industry interesting. Company B patented some work
that employee X developed. They sent a letter to company A
saying "you may be infringing on our patents." Company A checks their
records, finds out the material was developed by X when he worked for
them and files suit for IP theft. Company B is currently trying to
prove that the patents in question actually represent prior art and
therefore null and void.