Old May 6th 04, 03:27 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Peter wrote:

The thing is, it isn't from a specific sender, they are automatic generated
emails from made up accounts that don't exist. They are spoofing the smtp
details so that they can't be traced which is also a pain in the backside!

That's normal for spammers. I've used Netscape to set up filters on my account that
filter out any mail which does not have "grpphoto" on the "To" line. That eliminates
most of it right there, since these guys tend to use mailing lists. I also have a few
filters that block anything with certain words in the title. You can also filter out
messages based on the presence or absence of words in any other part of a piece of
mail. I have them all moved to the trash folder automatically. There I can scan the
sender list (a few legitimate parties also use mailing lists, and I want to read
their stuff). I can then delete the entire mess by emptying the trash.

Verizon also allows me to do this at the server level, but I don't like that as well.

Basically, what you need to find is a key word or phrase that will allow you to
identify a given message as trash. Then you can set up a filter to block it.

George Patterson
If you don't tell lies, you never have to remember what you said.