Old July 2nd 05, 12:12 PM
Andreas Maurer

On 1 Jul 2005 22:00:34 -0700, "soarski" wrote:

If I would want to land downwind on the runway I was taking off
I could be inclined to just kick in full rudder, and make the 180 Turn
via a "Hammerhead" I think it is called a "Kehre" in German, or a
"Turn? There would be mostly rudder work required, some back preasure
on coming out of a dive following the wingover, which is really half a
spin. Has anyone ever seen that done? Actually, come to think of it, I
have, in an airshow, a long time ago in a clipped wing Cub.

Jmmm... I never ever heard of such a maneuvre. The closer to the
ground, the more important it is to keep the yaw string centered.
Kicking in full rudder is regarded as censored.

We simply fly a 180 degrees turn at the end of the runway.

Pushing over forward very hard after cable break, you could get into a
negative flight regime, possibly into an inverted spin?

No. Not even if you puished the stick to the forward stop.

Bye
Andreas