Old May 2nd 08, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default Dallas-Fort Worth TRACON Management Routinely Misclassified Operational Errors and Deviations as Pilot Errors

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:
"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:
"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Are these the same ATC personnel with whom we entrust our lives in
IMC?

No.

Based on past history of that TRACON, that's a sweeping assertion
that is probably wrong.

I don't think so. The question was asked of management, not of the
controllers.

Okay - but I appreciate the change from "no" to "I don't think so."
But it appears there are complaints (not mentioned in the story at the
start of this thread) against controllers and not just management:

"The FAA failed to follow through, however, and Ms. Whiteman and another
whistle-blower made new complaints last year of controllers issuing
faulty instructions to pilots."

Quoted from this report:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...2.28095ea.html