Old August 3rd 05, 05:26 PM
Patty Winter

"Patty Winter" wrote in message
I know for the movie 'Air Force One', they rented a cargo 747 and
painted it up as AF1. It caused a bit of confusion when it showed
up at various airports without POTUS and friends.

(just for the record, that wasn't my quote.)

In article ,
David Cartwright wrote:

(And aren't there two 747s done out all posh, incidentally?).

Yes. AF 28000 and AF 29000.

http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=131

I live near a federal airfield, so I've seen AF1 a number of
times. I'm not close enough to be able to read the tail number
with my bincoculars, though. I've also seen AF2; in fact, I
have a photo of both of them in the air after they took off
from Moffett Field once, one shortly after the other. I've also
seen Marine 1. I don't know how many of those there are, or how
they're transported from city to city to be available to the
president when he's visiting a certain area.

Patty