Old November 21st 03, 03:50 AM
FF

"John R. Copeland" wrote in message

Understand, though, that the ADF designer made a conscious
trade-off between needle slew rate and pointer stability.
A tune-up won't make the needle any more responsive than
the manufacturer originally intended it to be.
I have no access to specifications for Ben's Narco 841 ADF,
so I have no idea what slew rate he should expect.
I hope some 841 owner will make the test Ben asked about.

---JRC---

Have 841 and service manual. Yes, there's a lag in response following
tuning to a station, and more so than I recall in using a KR-86 and
ADF-31. The manual does not say directly how this lag is accomplished
nor what's normal, and I'll guess it's in the programming of the
microprocessor.

Fred F.