Old March 16th 18, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default First glider to buy 10-20k euro's

On Fri, 16 Mar 2018 09:32:44 -0700, christoph.barniske wrote:

There are a few Std. Libelles that were modified with split flaps:
http://libelle.bugwiper.com/tuning.htm (towards the bottom of the page).
But this is not available anymore. Libelle with these flaps may not be
modified with winglets.

Weren't these the Libelles fitted with after-market wing extensions to
give then a 17m span?

The only 17m Libelle I've seen advertised certainly had the split flaps,
so I'd always assumed the split flaps were fitted because normal weak
Libelle airbrakes became totally inadequate with the extra wing span &
area.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org