Old March 18th 18, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

Default First glider to buy 10-20k euro's

On Friday, March 16, 2018 at 8:02:13 AM UTC-7, Tom BravoMike wrote:
After having spoken to a few DG/Libelle/Cirrus owners I am really considering the Libelle. What would be the points to look out for when buying one, in your opinion?

In the Wikipedia article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasflügel_H-201

it says:"they are quite sensitive to sideslipping and have relatively ineffective air brakes that make short landings tricky for inexperienced pilots". I wonder what 'sensitive to sideslipping' means in this case.

Don't believe everything you hear or read. I owned a 201B...really sweet handling, plenty of spoilers, no problem slipping. Sweeeet handling! They have great gelcoat, most likely will not have to worry about it too much. I now own a DG300, as I wanted a little more performance...like it but I still miss the Libelle. Have a good AI give you a pre-purchase inspection, it is always cheap insurance buying anything. The 201 is an excellent first glider providing you can fit into one.