Old April 3rd 18, 04:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Correct adhesive to use to attach tail wheel assembly.

The 3M heavy duty double sided tape does the job. It’s marketed as mailbox tape or something like that.

If that won’t work, 5 minute epoxy will. Yes, I hear all the cries about broken tail booms, but they haven’t made gliders with those “shear off” tail skids in 30 years so it can’t be that big of a deal.

Contact cement is the way to go if you enjoy wandering around in a huge grass field looking for your tail skid.

That’s my 2 cents, having tried all of these methods.