Old March 3rd 04, 03:42 AM
Shin Gou

(Bob Kuykendall) wrote in message
Well, I'm not in any position to prove you wrong or right, but my

* Based on my personal prejudice, and on many conversations with the
aeronautic engineer who designed the wing profile for the RV-10, I
don't feel so enthusiastic about the RV-9 wing as that I'd go to the
trouble of adapting it onto a different airplane. Don't get me wrong;
the RV-9 wing is a fine solution to the original set of constraints.
But I'd prefer to start with a blank sheet, and not be constrained by
the limitations imposed on the wing by a prior fuselage design.

Bob, could you tell me more about the constrains of the RV-9A wing on
its current fuselage?

I like Rotax 914/912s and Jabiru 3300 for their light weight and fuel
efficiency. If a lighter and better engine can do the same job as an
O-235, why not?

BTW, I like Europa very much too. Actually I was going back and forth
between Europa and RV-9A. THe only problem of Europa for me is its
price: near $29k for a complete kit while RV-9A's wing kit costs only
$5400. I am just wondering why there's no head-to-head comparison
between these two aircrafts whose missions and performances are so
similar.

Shin