Old January 14th 21, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_2_]

Default First glider Nimbus 2 ?

On Thursday, 14 January 2021 at 14:49:17 UTC, kinsell wrote:
On 1/14/21 5:20 AM, Andreas Maurer wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 15:02:28 -0800 (PST), Piotr Mis
wrote:

Hi Martin
thanks for your hints, but Wings and Wheels is not an option for me, as I am from Poland, central east europan country on the other side of Atlantic . My hunting ground is www.segelflug.de, pracitaclly the only market for second hand gliders in Europe.
My budget is somewhere in the middle between 15kUSD and 10 kUSD, really modest but still I believe I can find something to fly.

Hi Piotr,

plenty of really nice gliders in your price range on segelflug.de.

Think twice about an ASW-15, DG-100G, LS-1, and Standard Cirrus. Or
treat yourself to an Astir and have plenty of money left for a lot of
flying.

I'd dare to predict that one of those will be lot more fun in the long
ruin, and all of these gliders have one huge advantege: They can be
sold easily if you should decide to upgrade in the future.

Another huge advantage, is they don't have that all-flying tail, which
was quickly designed out of the Nimbus line, for good reason.

The late models DG100G, LS1F and Grob built Std Cirruses have conventional tailplanes. Earlier variants of those 3, and the ASW 15 have all flying tailplanes.